Friday, June 18, 2010

Update: Well, Hello, Employment!

Before we moved, I emailed the child care director at the Mankato family YMCA about possibly coming to work for her. I told her I had been with the YMCA for 3 years 04-06/06-07 and was just looking for some part time, get me the hell outta the house for a few hours a day kinda thing. She called Monday and asked me to come in this Friday to meet with her.. That's today, in just a little over an hour. Wish me luck. I'll post an update later here, on this same post.

Update: I had a great time meeting the child care director. It went well and I am sure I will get the job. She said she'd call me in a month and start me in August.. She also asked if I was interested in working in the preschool classrooms instead of the drop off site. I said I didn't care. And you ready for this, It starts at $8 an hour which is really good. At my previous Y's I only made $6. She gave me some free passes and I took the kids swimming last night. It's like a small waterpark in there with slides, and toys. It's really one of the nicest facilities I have scene.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Ooh, good luck! I hope it works out for you. I love being able to take my kids with me!