Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Road Trip Recap.

I spent all of last week in Kansas with my Grandmother. It's a 9 hour 4 minute drive from my doorstep to hers. I made 3 quick stops each way. It was a pretty simple drive both ways, the quieter of the two trips, was the ride home. (See Above.)


I celebrated Uncle Paul's 55th birthday with him. I bought the cake. It cost me $17.99.


I spent an evening in Tescott with Uncle Larry and Aunt Pam. The boys were roudy. Shocking.


We visited Franklin cemetery, where 98% of my relatives, from both sides and 5-6 generations back, are buried. It's, perhaps, were I will spend my days six feet under.


I visited Aunt Janie and Grandma Lee too.


Bell showed up at Grandma's house too. We cut up for hours.


I met up with the Lewis Clan for some Hong Kong Buffett. It was delious, but I did not have any squid. Plus Lewis picked up the tab, thanks.


It cost me $120 in gas each way. Ouch.


I didn't get but 13 pages read my whole trip. The boys got 2 new tee shirts each.


I spent a couple hours with Mom and Shelby here and there.


I saw an ex high school boyfriend. He has aged. I have not.


Grandma sent me home with a bunch of 1000+ piece puzzles. I already have one going.


I pulled over in Missouri at a year round fireworks store and bought $40 in smoke bombs for the boys.


Dake missed me. A lot.


We ate at Sonic too. Twice. I miss Sonic.


There was no Wi Fi at Grandma's. When we got home, Jason told his dad, "Kansas doesn't have the wi fi." He was lost without his itouch connection.


No comments: