Friday, January 30, 2009

Studio Incomplete.

Just a quick glance in my office which we call "The Studio." My new cubes from IKEA and desk. It's not exactly how I want it, but I keep moving things around and organizing when I get time. The bottom row is all junk and not even set up yet.. Just stuff tossed there.
And a few favorites: A lunch pail with a bunch (but not all) of my old postcards, maps and random vintage papers. I keep my people on the look out for such treasure. Most are from Mom and the Lewis Two. The brown book on the end there is called This Little Piggy Went to Prada. I bought it online after finding it in a boutique (Mandi, you were shopping with me in Cedar Falls the day we found it.) when I was just a few weeks pregnant. I bought it for my to-be-daughter, but we all know how that turned out. They are super cute and chic nursery rhymes. (Bell, once you get knocked-up, I will give it to your little girl. Fingers Crossed!) Then there is the Twilight Cubby. Need I say more? My heart with the dart will set there where the box is once it arrives.Another favorite, a fresh box of Crayola. I actually have 3 more unopened boxes just like this one stuffed away for a rainy day or a broken pink crayon. There are 3 jars of buttons, many from Grandma Lee, a jar of ribbon (you can't see from this view) a green jar of flowers all from Grandma Lee and a HUGE jar of bottle caps. There is a milk jar of Making Memories pieces. Some of the jars are vintage found by Mom again. Another Obsession, Vintage Jars and Such. Eventually, I will take better photos of the end set up..

3 comments:

julieann said...

Looking good Mandy! I love the jars of buttons:) Can't wait till you love it & for more pics!

Becca said...

Aaah! I love the Studio! When I first saw the top picture of the completed room, I thought it was something that you scanned out of a magazine and that's what you were wanting. But it's really your room! Way to go HGTV, Mandy, and IKEA!

Aunt Janie said...

Oh my gosh....LOVE your studio...so fresh and clean looking. Can't wait to show mom the jars. Also, do you want a Tescott Centennial Bell that is dated 1886 to 1986? I am sure you do and we will start of pile for you! Love, Aunt Janie