Saturday, April 26, 2008

Broken.

That's right. Last night I busted my foot. My piggies. You can see the swelling and it is starting to bruise. This could be the ugliest picture I have ever taken. So last night around 6:30 I went to help Jason and ran into a large space heater in our room. Instant pain. I sat for a few minutes then as I got up to leave, I about collapsed. I couldn't walk. I had to hop. I was in so much pain. So I get myself settled. I am still home alone at this point. The hubby's plane will get in around ten. I figure if I can just get the babies asleep I will be good until he gets here. I try walking on my heel, but the pain shoots right up my whole foot. I try using a "cane" to help. That didn't work either.

So I call him to let him know what has happened. He says,"Don't tell me this now. Are you kidding?" I tell him I am not kidding.... Then he tells me his flight has been delayed until 6 am tomorrow. So now I am home another 16 hours by myself with a broken foot. Great, This should be fun.

Flash forward to this morning. I had no trouble getting them to sleep but when I stood up to carry them to the bed, I almost collapsed. Then Zachary was restless all night and I had to go back and forth from his crib a bunch of times. I noticed the sheets were to heavy on my poor piggies too. Anyway the hubby should be home around 10, but Jason has a game at 9. I will see if I can get my shoes on and load up a car seat x 2. And to make matters worse, I have tickets for tonight's 2008 Poets and Pirates Stadium Tour Kick-off with Kenny Chesney, Brooks and Dunn, Gary Allan, Leann Rimes and Luke Bryan!

2 comments:

julieann said...

OUCH!!!!! I have been there and it was not fun:( I hope that you are up and feeling better for the concert tonight!!{{{hugs}}}

Mandi said...

That is terrible- I'm sorry that happened to you!