Tuesday, July 14, 2009

a read and an update.

I think this is the 2nd July read. It was a quick read, 2 days maybe? Just 327 pages. It is the 7th book in the series of The Others. I read book 6 in May. Now I will read book 5 or 1, on my Kindle, that will arrive today. Each book can stand alone. (And I should mention that it will cost $4 less to purchase the next book on the Kindle instead of in print.) Bell also read book 6 and loved it, and now my copy is in Shawna's hands. I also have 3 others lined up to bum my book. Bell- Now this one is headed your way. I may have liked it better than book 6 even.

On to the Dakes, mainly Ryan. He is ill and has been since late Sunday evening. He ran a fever in the 102's and upchucked a few smelly times. Yesterday he was crabby but a little cooler. Then again in the evening, he was at 103 with more terribly smelly upchuck. We were up from 1135-235 last night. He was very restless and extremely hot. This morning he is still running high at 103-102. We are dosing him with Motrin.

Jason is now not only obsessed with Indiana/Harrison Ford but also loves Mick Dundee/Paul Hogan. He is some sort of character, Jason. We will also be celebrating his half birthday this Friday with a party at Chuck E Cheese. He is looking forward to that as well as a trip to the bookstore.

Now I am off to wait at the front step for the FedEx man.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Mandy,

Markie had this exact thing a week before the 4th. He wound up with strep. He ran a fever for 2 days (that high) and then complained of a sore throat. Good Luck