Friday, February 20, 2009

Kindle.. You are no friend of mine.

I know I have a lot of issues. A LOT. But this is by far my latest issue. It's the release of the Kindle 2. It is a wireless gadget that is 1/3" and you can download like 230,000 books into within seconds. I hate this whole idea. I am a BOOK LOVER. I want to touch my books and flip the pages, SMELL the pages, LICK the pages. I like lugging around my books and I love having them on my shelves and in my sight. They are beautiful. I love randomly choosing a book at the store, flipping through it, reading the covers. Seriously, I went to bed last night freaking out about the "end of the novel" era. Could this seriously hurt publishing. WTF? Can you even call it a Classic if it is digital? What would Steinbeck say? (WWSS?) Even now, I am about to have a panic attack cause I am so worked up. Note: the run on paragraph and grammar errors.. Ugh. I can't go on. I am boycotting this idea to the ends of time. Mark my words, I will never be caught with a Kindle. Ughh.

No comments: