Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Million Little Pieces.

Controversy, What's not to Love? Okay, just finished James Frey's A Million Little Pieces on Sunday. I'd give it 5 Stars. I got it at the library sale for $2. Now I knew going in that this "printed as a memoir" turned out to be a fake fiction, but I could see how people were pissed once they found out. After I read it, I went to Oprah's website and read all the interview from when she confronted the author.

I was reading this throughout all my airport travel, many people recognized. I talked to one lady who had read it before she knew it was fake. Another lady asked if I would recommend it, Yes. And the funniest thing, an old lady in her 80's leaned over to me and asked what I was reading. I am sure she was just making talk, but I told her and she said, "Such a Lovely Book." HA! It couldn't be more than NOT lovely. It is filled with very fowl language and some very nasty scenes.

And just a note, I love airport travel. I love seeing that tons of people still do read. I saw books being read that I have already read, and books on my To Do list. I saw classics, fictions, biographies and more. I saw all sorts of people reading.

1 comment:

k said...

I love airports too - for the reading/book scene like you as well as for people watching - so entertaining.