Friday, June 19, 2009

Life in the slow lane.

I promise that I did get a new camera and that she is taking the most beautiful photos that I have ever seen. Sometimes I feel I could just pee my pants with delight they are so amazing.

However, I usually don't.

Things around the Dake household are at an all time snail pace...

And this momma bear is loving it!

We have been getting out of the house for karate (on Wednesday) and a trip to the library yesterday, and all without infants in tow. We are spending our days inside due to an insanely hot weather which is so hot, that the only term on our weather forecast is "awfully hot." Now that is some descriptive meteorologist lingo. Ugh. It's only 8 a.m. and it is already yucky out.

Today brings another hour and 45 minutes at karate. Jacques sold our snow blower, because, let's face it, we will most likely never live in Iowa or Kansas again. Neither of us want to be away from where we are or should I say trapped back where we have once been.

This weekend we need to get a night table for my side of the bed, a new alarm clock, tennis shoes for PT, sunglasses for me. We have 80 minutes at karate. Jason was promised a "small" new toy, from his father.

Jacques: "Do you have coffee made?"

Me: "Always. Coffee runs through my veins like Edward."

No comments: