Monday, June 15, 2009

Lincoln Love.

I wish I had an amazing photo to share of my little Lincoln, but the dog is harder to photograph than kids full of caffeine. Lincoln has his monthly check up at the vet today and I am amazed that at just 4 months, he weighs 24 pounds. A month and a half ago, he was just over 10 pounds. He got 4 more vaccines today and a huge rabies tag for his collar. Not really his style, but it's illegal to not have it on the Mutt. I like to call him Mutt, but he is no mutt.

We have the Petsmart wellness plan, so we pay a flat $21 dollars a month, every month and that covers all the visits, shots and exams. Plus is we just randomly bring him in, say a child mistakes him for a chair, it's covered. It will also cover his neutering and hospital stays. Today I saw that the plan has saved us, and this is just since mid April, $457.70 in average vet costs. Cha-Ching! Hello, Wellness Plan, I think I love you! And it is good at any Petsmart in the US so say during travel, I can take him to any vet there for any concerns.

He passed all the tests today with flying colors and will go back next month for another visit. We are looking at having him cut right after he is 6 months. He will also get a microchip then too, as he will already be under.

No comments: