Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I heart Thread.

I have to say, I am loving embroidery. Here is my process.. On Sunday, I had nothing to work on, so I pulled out a page from Jason's coloring book, copied it, taped it to the fabric, then taped that to the window and traced. Volia! A new piece to work on. Jason wants it framed and in his room. I figure that I enjoy it so much because it is something I can keep busy with while I am raising a family. I am not one to sit and do nothing, even if I am watching tv. I have to be busy. I can easily watch football, ugh, with Jacques while the boys play at my feet and I run my needle. Or in the car on trips, even standing in the kitchen with dinner going. Plus how cool is it that there is no right or wrong stitch?? I can do whatever I want, which works great for me. I can also start and end a piece with no knots tied off. The biggest concern I have is what to do with all the pieces I will create and how to store all the thread... This piece is not done yet, but getting there.

There are a new batch of photos up on flickr. I took the boys to the park yesterday for an hour and a half. Zachary says, "park."

No comments: