Saturday, April 11, 2009

About our little Lincoln.

Thanks for all the awesome words. I had 6 great comments on Facebook, a couple on flickr and handful here too. Last night went well and I was super surprised how he fit in perfectly into our family.

Lincoln's name: We were going to call him Lewis. We had picked out that name months ago. In the van on the way home, we were randomly going over names to make sure we picked the perfect one. I had said, "Truman" and then Jacques said, "Lincoln." And we both new that was what he was. Like an honest Abe.. Lincoln.

Ryan is by far the fondest of the dog, and I think it goes both ways. Zachary is a ham and likes to point at his eyes. Jason is, and this surprised us, less into the dog. He wants to do all the dog things like fetch and what not. We reassured him that in a few months, he will be huge and ready to roll. I also think he worries about scratches and accidentally hurting the dog. For months, we were teaching him how the pup is fragile, like a baby and how he will have sharp baby teeth and claws. But he is always, "Mom shhhshh, Lincoln is sleeping."

Did I mention that Lincoln will be the world's most photographed pup? Yeah, good thing I went digital. The film would kill me. Look for more photos today too.. Oh yeah, and I might even snap one of the kids too.

Jacques is Mr. Mom. I heard him up early with Lincoln. He was talking and lovin' on him. He is in love with that pup. I am too. We all are.

More Later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How Nice,
I would have loved to loaned my name out to have it in your family. I really like Lincoln. He is a very handsome puppy. Way to go Mr. Mom, sounds like you are an A-1 Dad.

Love you all LEWIS

Aunt Janie said...

Hi all and welcome Lincoln to the coolest family ever!!!

Have fun!!

Love,
Aunt Janie

PS Happy Easter!!!!