Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday.

I am glad to welcome back the sun today. However, the yard is still soaked which means no play time for little boys. Ugh. Tonight is karate. Two babies are napping.

So I am full of giggles today. First because I had a great nights sleep, but I was up till midnight trying to fall asleep, if not later.. But the reason it was awesome like pie; Lincoln slept through the night in his pen (not crate) and never whelped or cried. I did get up at 230 and 430 to let him out and then he was up at 6. Way to go, Lincoln.

I called our Vet-To-Be today and got the ball rolling on his next check up/shots. He will also get "cut" at 6 months+ old. Did you know that it is cheaper the less your dogs weigh? Hmmm.. Weird. Luckily, our vet is a dad of one of our soccer team mates. So it is good to know people. I also finished up his registration today with AKC. He is official now and sleeping at my feet. Here he is looking out at Jacques and Jason on Saturday. More photos later.

On to the kids.. Zachary has 3 new tricks that he picked up yesterday and today. First, he said "Bob" when Jason turned on Spongebob. Second, I taught him to put his finger up to his lip and "shshshhs" when the dog is sleeping. Cute. Third, today his dad taught him to give a ''pound'' which is just a cool high five with your fist. Tomorrow I plan on teaching him Chinese.

Ryan. Boy has that kid got this whole sleeping thing figured out. The kep to naps: Make him take him in his bed, not the living room. He sleeps much longer and heavier. Hooray! He has been sleeping through the night for months, but I just want to give him some more praise for that. Now if Zachary would ever sleep.... at night... alone. Ugh. I am on the couch with him nightly. But that was better than the two month recliner phase.

Chat at you later. Look for more photos on flickr.

Hugs, Flo

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Super cute pic of the pup! And YAY for sleeping babies!