Tuesday, July 08, 2008

recycled mini.

I get this beautiful magazine in the mail for ordering specialty teas, and they are heaven. And so is the magazine. It is put together so well. Such great colors and items.. mostly ones that I can't afford. I was having a hard time throwing them out, well that's not entirely true because I have never thrown one out, but they were piling up. A few days ago I set down and started tearing them apart and then today I sat down and picked up the pages and sewed them together. It was a tall book at 11 inches. So I sewed it up length wise making it less than 6 inches. I also put the pages upside down and backwards, so it is way fun. Not totally sure what it will turn into now, maybe a journal. I did borrow a tag line from an etsy listing. Anyway like I side I have a few more of these piling up. So drop a line here about what you think I should do with my copy and I will randomly pick a winner, and then you will have one of your own.

UPDATE: Comment Drawing is done.. Thanks for playing. Comment #6 Rosa is the winner. Email me your address and I will hook you up with one.. Hugs, M

9 comments:

k said...

It's super cute...let's see, what you could do with it....a journal is always good - or since its got a tea cover...how about documenting the teas you drink and which ones you like best.

Colleen said...

i think it would be a great mini for stuff that you guys use in the house...things you guys have to have, things that are special to you, and things that you've always wanted to try. a food theme!

Heather & Chaos said...

Oh, I'm horrible at this but I LOVE all your little creations. Gives me ideas (that I will probably never do as I have no creative bone in my body). And where you find the time to do this with three kids. You rock! =) But what can you do with it? Hmmmm, Use it as an ongoing to do list of stuff you want to do??? I told you I'm horrible at this!

Jingle said...

Very cool! I have looked at these in the Etsy shops that carry them and they are so much fun! Yours is great!

Jingle (CKMB)

Rosa B. said...

Very cute! You mentioned using it as a journal... how about keeping notes about your adorable little boys. They sure are cute & you must definately have lots of stories about them! I only have one & I could write volumes about him! LOL! :)
~Rosa
CKMB "Lil-Rosi"

Laci J said...

You could use it for random quotes that you love! Display it on a book stand or coffee table. I do like your journal idea! And I love the previous comment by Veronica to do a list of local favorites and make like a bucket list. I love it!

Scraprageous said...

Cute idea - have fun deciding exactly what to use it for :)

lwarren737 said...

Cool idea...I agree, mini album or journal would be great....or a recipe book.

BethW7372 said...

I also think a recipe book or favorite foods book would be cool.