Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blood and Gold with NEW UPDATE!

UPDATE: So in the book the vampires cry tears of blood, however in the movie "Interview with the Vampire" they are normal tears. I had my ideas why the movie did not go with that. However, being ever inquisitive and needing answers, I emailed Anne Rice and asked her. She replied and here is her response:

"The movie people made a mistake. They didn't read the book carefully enough. And the readers noticed it at the time and didn't like the deviation. I was not in contact with the movie company when they made the movie. But they certainly had the book. Thanks for sending your review. Take care, Anne Rice."

Another read in May. Blood and Gold by Anne Rice 471 pages. This is book 8 in the Vampire Chronicles. However, this is the first book of hers I have read. The first book being Interview with the Vampire which I have seen the movie. I love the movie. I picked this up at the Goodwill for $2 and retail is $27. I don't feel like I "need" to read her more, but if I see another book of hers, I will probably pick it up. This was a quick read, maybe took my a week or less. Book Discussion:

I found that being a Twilight fan, there were some similarities. I wonder if Stephanie Meyer is a fan of Anne's? IE: Glittering Blood (not that there was any mention of this in Meyer's book, but there was glittering skin.)

There was also fun food references, as in Twilight, with untouched food from the characters. How they would never drink or eat their meals, they found ways to dispose of the food without getting caught, they would pretend to drink, and their cups would always be full.

There was association with werewolves in this book as well and I had never heard of the two being associated together besides in Twilight. The hubby made fun of me, and said that everyone knew they were enemies. I believe that Ian may have known this too before New Moon.

This is the 2nd book in a row that involves the Plague. Year of Wonders was the book I read before this.

Two Quotes:

"I live lies because I can not endure the weakness of anger, and I cannot admit the irrationality of love."

"I believe in you with my soul." I said this to Jacques shortly after I read it and he replied, "You just read that huh?"

Now moving on to the next book.

No comments: