Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday.

If you would like to speak with me in the month of September, please try the 10, 13 and 17 for best results. This is what next month looks like for the Dakes. And for two weeks of that, this momma, will me Missing in Action. Poor Poppa Bear. I will try to clean up those weeks for sanity sake. However, nobody cleans up my weeks. I just roll with it. All eight days.. Wait, Seven??


I already told Jacques we will give it one month, but this can not, most likely, go on. I have heard horror stories about the amount of homework that comes home nightly for first graders. I have heard that they have 45-60 minutes of work per night. If that is the case, I am not sure what will go. Soccer is only for about a month and a half with one 45 minute practice and a Saturday game. I am thinking karate may have to get cut. However, he loves karate and I am scared if we have to quit for a while, we may not pick it back up until he is older and if he really wants to pursue it. It is a great life skill and so are the values, but 4 times a week on top of everything else maybe a little much. Plus we still have speech once a week for another 3 months or so. Some days I even had to pick only the most imporant thing out of two, to do. Ugh. Can you just imagine when all three boys are grown and busy.
Below are some drawings, not tracings, but drawings by Jason. Is this kid not skilled? I am thinking he needs an art class. (Hey why not, not like we are busy doing anything else?)He is six and drawing like Van Gogh. He spends 90% of his free time with a pen and paper. He also did another picture that I posted on flickr and it is called Indiana Jason and The Search for Nessie. Nice huh, Bell? I will start to add more of his work to flickr again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lo Flo,
Those drawings are exceptional for a 6 year old. Heck, I couldn't keep the crayons between the lines when I was 6, wait, they might not have invented crayons yet then. Those really look like etchings that they would do for movie type things. HE HAS SKILLS.. Way to go mom, pass on those genes.

Miss you all LEWIS

Unknown said...

Lo again Flo,
That photo of Jacques and Ryan on flicker is the best photo ever of Jacques. Way to go Jacques, you can smile.

Lewis

mandydake said...

Lewis- You couldn't keep in the lines even now! Hugs, M

Aunt Janie said...

Oh my gosh....those pictures are way above a first graders ability!!
That kids is going somewhere...as if we already didn't know that....