Monday, August 17, 2009

Motherhood: Trial and Error.

If someone else happens to have a Mother's Handbook, that I did not receive at the hospital when I had Jason, can you please lend me your copy? Seriously. This thing we call motherhood, is trial and error. Ice cream and failure.

When Jason came bouncing into the kitchen for me to put on his karate belt, he took said belt and scrubbed the Velcro on Zach's forward. I took his belt and gave him a little scratch with it on his forehead to show how it did not feel well. He was then banned from the computer the rest of the day and had to apologize to Zachary. I thought it went well.

On the way to the van, I am hurrying the babies, one hand holding each, and Zachary bites the sidewalk with both hands, knees and head. Ouch. I gobble him up with kisses and hugs, but we have to go, so into the van we go..

We arrive at karate and all get out, excited to receive Jason's new rank. Jason, the gentleman he is, opens the door for me and the babies... But as he swings the door open, it rakes over his big toe. Ouch. Instantly a blood blister pops up. I knew tears were nano seconds behind. BUT Mr. Newton, God Bless Him, was able to divert the disaster by presenting Jason with his new brown belt. I worried about him during the whole class. I knew that he must be hurting.

After class is over, I notice that the toe has not fallen off. However, I see that his forehead has a scratch from the belt I raked over his forehead. I instantly feel awful. I tell Jason we need to talk in the van.

Once in the van, I tell Jason that I am so proud of him for being so brave about his toe and how I know that it must of hurt a lot, but that I am glad he was able to focus on class and not fret about it. I then tell him I apologize for scratching him with the belt, because it was not nice. However, I remind him that he did that too Zachary and maybe another simple apology would be nice. Next I tell him that I am proud of how hard he worked to earn his new rank, and that I am taking him out for donuts.

Motherhood.

Trial and Error.

Seventeen more years.

Many more tears.

Trial and Error.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lo FLo,
How fun that was to read. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Just a reminder, now you know how I felt when I was running the Wendy's with all of you yahoo's in there. hehehehehehe.
Way to go on the brown belt Dawg.

Love you all LEWIS

Aunt Janie said...

Oh, what a day, but you all survived!!!!

Love, Aunt Janie