Wednesday, November 12, 2008

lots of random.

This year I want a new smaller Christmas tree. Ours is 7 years old and very wide. We bought it our 2nd Christmas together in 2001. The first year we had a real one. I want one just as tall, say 6.5-7 feet, I just want one with a much smaller base and maybe prelit too. I was thinking that I should sell ours before getting a new one, but just now, I realized that I should keep them both. And I am tossing around the idea of only a few colors up on the tree this year. We have a ton of ornaments from as far back as my baby ones, and they are all sorts of colors. But they are all so special, it may be to hard to choose.

On another Holiday note, I plan to try Egg Nog this year. I have never had any before. And I have a few projects up my sleeves too.

There is still no news on the house. It will either be a Go or a No. Hopefully we hear anything soon. We are already 5 days off of schedule with a ton of work still needing done. I called this morning and they said they will call again this afternoon. Fingers and Eyes Crossed.

Today is the 10,000 Episode of All My Children, the only Soap I watch. I started watching it with our babysitter in elementary school and have been ever since. When I was in high school, the show aired at 3:00 so I would rush home after school let out at 3:05. As an adult, we have Soap Net which shows that days rerun 2 or 3 times a day. On Sunday it runs all 5 episodes in a row from that week. This really excites the hubby. Another something fun, I found a copy of the book All My Children by Agnes Nixon at the Goodwill. This was the book that started it all. (Update: The episode was awesome! And there was a guest appearance by Agnes!)

In the mail today, we got our SC property tax forms for the boat and the motor! What? You have to pay property tax on a motor! This luxury will cost me $455.01. I am thinking we will nix the motor and use paddles and ors.

2 comments:

julieann said...

You've never had egg nog????!!! Where have you been:) You need to try it both ways before you decide if you really like it:}

Oh, and DO NOT try the fat free nog...it is not good!

Tammy said...

I too have never tried egg nog before. Just the smell of the raw egg in it makes my stomach flip. Oh and I'm surprised they didn't charge for the steering wheel as well. LOL