Saturday, November 01, 2008

welcome back, november.

Lots to catch you all up on. Photos will come later in another post. On Thursday, we had speech and Jason's Halloween carnival at school. He played every game, but was devastated that he didn't win on the cake walk. He played it 3 times in a row to win, and never did. We met Jacques at Walmart then came home for baths and bed. I also put together 22 treats bags after the kids were all asleep.

Friday: What a great Day. It was warm! Jacques took the morning off, so I could take Jason to school at 8, be there for the parade at 10, and then help for the class party. But because I had a couple hours before the festivities started, I went with another mom for treats at Starbucks.. I just can't celebrate Halloween without a Pumpkin Spice Latte. And I had a coupon for a free oatmeal... Ummmmmmmmm THE BEST OATMEAL EVER. Then we went over to the bookstore before heading back to the school.

After the party and parade, we came home so the hubby could head into work. Then the Byington's came over and we loaded up in the van and went over to Harbison and spent a few hours shopping around over there at Babies R Us, Barnes and Noble. We hit Starbucks for a Chai Tea Latte with Soy. Jason had a chocolate cupcake and chocolate milk. Then we read a Halloween story.

Once we got home, it was time to get around for some trick or treating. Jason got all dressed up and the twins. We drove over to Ft. Jackson to meet up at another soldiers house for treats and to group up for going out. We walked the neighborhoods and scored BIG on the candy.. Then we went back to the house for food and fun. We had a fire pit going for warmth and the booze helped with that too ; )

We were home by 843, thinking it was a lot later than that. I guess we were all just worn out and chilly. I followed the boys to bed by 930.

At 245 am, I noticed that Ryan was burning up at 101.9. I gave him some Tylenol and thankfully it started coming down right away. Also took the helmet off to cool him off. He was up 2 or 3 times through out the night. He was just uncomfortable and not feeling well.

Today both boys are leaking snot all over. I can't keep it off their faces, luckily it is clear. Good Sign. I had to miss Jason game at 103o because I didn't want the boys out in the cold. Jacques took him. This is the first game in 3 seasons I have missed. I am going to keep an eye on the babies today and if need be, I may take them to the clinic.

Other than that, we are not getting them out at all. The hubby and Jason have "man" work outside to keep them busy and I will stay in and play with paper and glue. Later one of us will get out to the store. I am thinking chili to celebrate November.

6 days till we are homeowners : )

Another post later with a photo recap. hugs.

1 comment:

k said...

Oh I have 2 of those Oatmeal coupons -guess I'll have to try it now!!