Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Sigh of Relief, Without Photos.

I got a great construction guy hired to take over the maroon room and to fix the back door. These were the 2 HUGEST and worry some tasks and he is doing it at a very reasonable price and will be done in 2 days. Technically a total of 5 hours, but over the 2 days due to the mud/putty needing to dry. He has all the materials, we are only paying for the 5 hours of labor. While he was there, he gave us some pointers too on some other things. I added him to my contacts on my phone as my new "go to" guy. (Sorry Hubby, the man is cheap and works on my schedule. You still have my heart.) This frees up the hubby's time to focus on other things that need done too.

I purchase the oven today. Ouch, an unavoidable expense. It will be delivered on Monday and the hubby will have to hook it up. (I need to check on his insurance policy just in case he gets shocked. Hopefully he won't lick the wires, but I would hate to have a random puddle of water on the floor ; )

The office is 100% complete. Thanks, MOM! She even took down the blinds and washed them. She did the ceiling fan too. She added the 2nd coat of paint and did all the touch ups. She was moving to the living room next. I am sure it will be completely done soon too.

Jacques was adding the 2nd coat to the babies room and then moving on to put the first (and only) coat in our room. I taped it off while we were there, so he should be good to go.

And the gas company is FINALLY turning on the gas. We have had electricity and water from the get go, but never gas.

We still have work to do, but there are only 2 more things that need done for the inspection guy to come back and hopefully give us a go. We are still waiting to close on next Wednesday.

No Photos Today, Maybe tomorrow. I will post some on flickr though of Grandma and the boys.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I am so glad things are finally going your way.